Do you know a great person or a great organization that is having Kingdom Impact? Someone who is crossing the boulevard or the world to serve where poverty, drought, HIV/AIDS, sex trafficking, homelessness, and fear reign? If so, we are asking you to nominate them for an Epoch Award!
This October, the 2013 Epoch Awards will be giving $50,000 to missions heroes—allowing them the chance to sustain projects that are impacting people’s lives—in our own communities and around the world.
The awards ceremony will take place on October 28th at Atlanta’s historic Fox Theater and will offer the rare chance for these missions heroes to experience a red carpet, black-tie dinner where they will enjoy networking, conversation, live music, and the awards presentations.
Featured guests include Bob Goff, New York Times bestselling author and founder of Restore International, a nonprofit human rights organization operating in Uganda and India, and Jon Acuff, author of Wall Street Journal bestseller, “Quitter,” and blogger of StuffChristiansLike.net, which has more than 4.5 million readers. If you’d like to know more about the night or how the winners will be chosen, you can check it out at http://epochawards.com. Hey, you might even get a copy of Jon’s new book, Start, if you join us on Oct. 28th.
The deadline for nominations is May 30. You can also check out a list of current nominees and previous winners there, too.
If you’d like to share this opportunity on social media & invite others to nominate the unsung heroes in their lives, feel free to use the sample posts below!
- The @EpochAwards are giving $50K to missions heroes. Whose work deserves to be recognized? Nominate them!
- Know someone tackling poverty, homelessness or lack of discipleship? Nominate them for an @EpochAwards here:
- We all know missions heroes. Learn more about the 6 categories of @EpochAwards and nominate someone by May 30!
You can also check out this video from Justin Miller, recipient of the People’s Choice awards in 2011. Lastly, don’t forget to like the @EpochAwards on Twitter and find them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/EpochAwards.
Let me know if you have any questions!
Meet 20-something, Bryan Reski.
Bryan spent eight years in the Army Reserve as a combat engineer and was deployed overseas three times – twice to Iraq and once to Afghanistan. In a recent email exchange with racer, Bryan Reski, I told him I’d love to hear his “takeaways” from the World Race. I think he completes his race next month. Here’s what he sent me:
A few things I’ve learned…
- True relationship with God
- My identity IN Christ
- Everything that school taught me about interacting with people is wrong.
- How to live the idea that people are more important than any thing else
- How to love, encourage and fight for people
- Loving others well empowers them to change
- Intimacy and safety are a by product of vulnerability
- Passivity is a man’s or at least my biggest battle
- The part of God’s image man bears and what it’s meant for
- The power of community in my life and others
- How to live in community
- The application of Henri Nouwen’s solitude to community to ministry
- Importance of operating out of the over flow from God
- Healthy family life
- Correct view of women and how to care for them
- Responsibilities of a man are to protect the weak, the innocent, women, children and any one else under our influence from the enemy. As well as to steward our God given talents, time and money well in order to build kingdom.
(used with permission)
I sense what many are sensing right now — God is tapping into a remnant of the millenial generation whose hearts are fully committed to him. John Wesley said, “Give me one hundred men who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergyman or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon the earth.”
Regardless of what we want to do or what we’re focused on, we need to be responsive to this time in history. At Adventures, we are scaling everything we do for a movement — one that will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon the earth.
Will you join us? It will take the time, energy, and financial resources of several generations to help men like Bryan lead his generation. There is no better time to be alive and there is no better time to engage than with people who are actually doing it!